- australia’s fastest growing distributor of engineered quartz surfaces Discover more about what gives Smartstone the edge as a leading choice for residential and commercial interior projects.
“We are proud to offer what is simply the finest surface available today.
Whatever your interior application, residential or commercial use,
I can promise you that no other surface material can match Smartstone. There really is no smarter choice.”
Kon Kalpou, Executive Chairman, Smartstone
Welcome to Smartstone, the leading destination for quartz surfaces.
Established in 2002, Smartstone is now Australia’s fastest growing distributor of engineered quartz surfaces and has recently expanded its distribution to the US, Singapore and New Zealand markets. Smartstone has become the name trusted by architects, interior designers, renovators, builders and developers. A particularly popular choice for kitchen benchtops, Smartstone suits numerous interior applications, residentially and commercially.
Every Smartstone product has met the highest standards of beauty, quality, innovation and value, as well as achieving safety and environmental certifications. Smartstone has the edge on natural stone such as marble for its extreme durability, low moisture absorption, high resistance to heat, scratching, chipping and cracking, as well as resistance to acids, oils and liquids. Smartstone comes with a 15-year Limited Warranty.
Smartstone’s stunning collections feature some exclusive colours unavailable anywhere else in the world. Our magnificent veined surfaces, manufactured using advanced technology, present the most natural looking veining available in quartz. The Naturale Collection of honed benchtops was introduced by popular demand to offer semi-matte surface style with Smartstone’s many practical benefits.
There are five dedicated Smartstone offices/viewing galleries in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Perth, as well as a national network of stockists and display showrooms.
Smartstone Australia, is a subsidiary of HVG (Halifax Vogel Group), a diversified industrial products distribution business established in the 1950s.
Please contact us should you need information further to that provided on this website. Sign up to the Smartstone newsletter to receive email updates.
Smartstone quartz surfaces are manufactured with a minimum of 93% quartz, combined with pigments and resins which make the surface highly durable. Smartstone quartz surfaces can be used in virtually any residential or commercial indoor surfacing application, and is the ideal choice for kitchen bench tops and splashbacks, bathroom vanities, bath surrounds and wall panelling due to their non-porous quality.
All Smartstone quartz surfaces offer superior properties of strength and durability including:
Smartstone has been tested by the most respected industry bodies and environmental organisations to achieve the following certifications.
• Smartstone has been tested by the CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) for its resistance to heat, chemicals and stains.
• Smartstone is compliant with the International Health and Safety Foundation sanitary standard NSF51, that guarantees that its quartz-based surfaces are safe for use in all food environments.
• Greenguard Certification ensures that a product has met some of the world’s most rigorous and comprehensive standards for low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into indoor air. Widely adopted as a trusted standard for low-emitting products, Greenguard identifies healthier products and provides manufacturers with tools to legitimise and promote their sustainability efforts.
• The Greenguard Gold standard includes health based criteria for additional chemicals and requires lower total VOC emissions levels to ensure that products are acceptable for use in environments such as schools and healthcare facilities.
|Mohs Hardness||Min. 6|
|Test Sample 1||7|
|Test Sample 2||7|
|Test Sample 3||6|
|Ammonium Chloride (100g/l)||No Visible Effect|
|Swimming Pool Salts|
|Sodium hypochlorite (20mg/l)||No Visible Effect|
|Acids & Alkalines|
|Hydrolic Acid (3%)||No Visible Effect|
|Lactic Acid||No Visible Effect|
|No Visible Effect|
|Stain Resistance (24hr contact)|
|Coca Cola||Removed w. Damp Cloth (no visible change)|
|Red Wine||Removed w. Damp Cloth (no visible change)|
|Black Coffee||Removed w. Damp Cloth (no visible change)|
|Orange Juice||Removed w. Damp Cloth (no visible change)|
5 more smart reasons to choose Smartstone
1. Smartstone offers the most natural looking quartz surfaces available.
2. Our collection of colours come larger, more versatile slab size which can be more economical and offer greater design possibilities.
3. Smartstone presents five competitive price categories, making luxurious and prestigious stone affordable.
4. Smartstone gives you the beauty of natural stone but with a harder, more durable surface. It also comes with a 15 year limited warranty.
5. Smartstone has achieved international health, safety and environmental certifications.
In addition, Smartstone has an extensive national distribution network of kitchen retailers, cabinet makers, interior designers, architects, builders and stone masons.
Smartstone brings to Australia the most innovative, pure and beautiful colours and patterns available anywhere in the world. Smartstone comes in 3 surface finishes: polished, honed and leather. The surfaces are grouped in four collections as follows:
The Santorini Collection – pure, clean, beautiful whites
The Toledo Collection – earthy creams and warm beiges
The Paris Collection – rich khaki greens and sophisticated browns
The Milan Collection – a sleek, chic black and grey palette
Pricing & Quality
To assist you making your choice, Smartstone surfaces fall into one of five price categories. It’s important to note that all Smartstone products are of equal quality; the five pricing points reflect the complexity of the pattern, raw materials used and how advanced the manufacturing process is for that particular surface. The price range does not in any way reflect the quality of the surface. The price categories are colour coded as follows:
Essentials – Blue – a range of beautiful quartz surfaces at our most affordable price point.
Premium – Orange – a collection offering refined grain and natural looking patterns.
Premium Plus – Red – a classic range of timeless surfaces representing beauty, quality and value.
Luxury – Green – luxurious surfaces range featuring the most natural looking veined collection from Spain.
Exclusive – Gold – dramatic and stunning stone surfaces with distinctive veining.
Disclaimer: Smartstone is a natural product and therefore some variations in colour and pattern may occur. Small inclusions in the product such as small particles and blotches are within acceptable standards. The brochure should be used as a guide and final selection made from actual samples.
The Smartstone Naturale Collection finish requires more maintenance than Smartstone polished surfaces. This is a characteristic of the type of surface finish and marks such as smudges, fingerprints, and other superficial marking, can be removed with little effort using the same cleaning methods as with polished Smartstone surfaces.